Tuesday 31 August 2010

Here we go...

In a few hours time I will be having a mini holiday to Cardiff, Wales. Already I face the problem of restaurant food and whether they have a good selection of food for vegetarians.

If I am honest, I have rarely, if ever, been to a restaurant and thought about whether they provide for vegetarians or not so I am hoping there is a big selection of food. Years ago my friends have told me that they would struggle to find anything but a salad. I hope this is not the case now because I hate salad!

Today is my last day of meat so I will certainly be making the most of it.

For breakfast I had an amazing bacon sandwich. Normally it takes me about a minute to scoff it down however today it took about 10 minutes. I savored every last bite. I even considered bringing it back up again but then I remembered that I wasn't a regurgitating bird and I was infact a 27 year old man.

For the train journey I have a corned beef bap with a tomato in (gotta ease myself into this veggie lark!). Considering the last time I attempted becoming a vegetarian, which ended after a few hours due to eating a corned beef sandwich, I felt like I needed to face the demons .....and also it means I definately won't be having one tomorrow eitther.

Tonight we might go to Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Cardiff Bay. I've always wanted to go there and I ended up finding a 2 meals for £10 voucher online so that will be a good way to end the month.

All I know is that for breakfast on September 1st, I will have to walk past the cooked breakfast and go for the boring continental stuff like bread and jam. No Sausages, no bacon, no black pudding....ahhh....

Wish me luck. I won't be able to get on here to report how I am doing until the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment