Monday 30 August 2010

Not very prepared...

With two meat days left until I become a professional temporary vegetarian, I must say that I have made the most of it.

Saturday
Breakfast - Bacon sandwich
Lunch - Chicken Tikka Wrap
Tea - Chicken M-something curry with keema naan

Sunday
Breakfast - Squared sausage sandwich
Lunch - Ham and egg bun
Tea - A Sunday pork roast with extra crackling

Even today I started off with a sausage sandwich. To be honest though, I am actually starting to panic about what I can eat. A lot of friends have said that it's all about meat replacement. Have the same meal but literally just replace the meat with something non-meaty. This sounds easy until I remind myself that I am not a fan of vegetables, mushrooms, onions, salad and the awful tasting Quorn...the list goes on and on. The only things I like are the things that make you fart a lot. I really don't want to have the nickname farty pants!

Today is a beautiful bank holiday in the South Coast of England. The sun is out, the birds are chirping, kids will be playing on the beach with ice creams around their faces and friends and family will be having their last bbq's of the summer. I, however, have a very important task of finding recipes and ideas which will help me with my challenge.

I shall report back later...

4 comments:

  1. As someone who has been vegetarian for 21 years, I'm on hand if you want hints and tips on any recipes/food to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah brilliant! I've found some good ideas today and I'm going to try and experiment a lot more as the month goes on so I might just take you up on your offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quorn's really not that bad! There's got to be _something_ on this list that you fancy!

    http://www.quorn.co.uk/Our-Recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, the pictures on that website do look very nice! I guess the problem could be my cooking! LOL

    I promise I will try some Quorn food soon. I am going shopping on Monday and I will buy some and report back with what i've made and what I think.

    ReplyDelete