Friday 27 August 2010

Who, what, where, how, when and why???

I am currently working my way through a to do list which has 196 tasks.

I am here to complete #46.

WHO?
My name is Tim and I am a man who likes meat.

WHAT?
I plan to become a vegetarian for a month and will write my experiences here.

WHERE?
Everywhere! My house, work, restaurants, bbq's....everywhere!

HOW?
I will attempt to pre-plan my daily meals, seek valuable advice from official vegetarian people , do a lot of research and try my hardest not to eat any meat at all. More importantly  I will study the back of food packets for the magical V sign.

WHEN
I have decided to start on September 1st and the last day will be September 30th. A meat-free month!

WHY
For those that have not read my blog I am currently working my way through 196 items which make up my 'to do list'.

I rarely have a meal which doesn't contain meat and I cannot remember a day where I have gone the whole day without eating anything meaty. I have tried becoming a vegetarian for a week before and on day one I failed miserably. Within hours of starting, I had just finished scoffing a corned beef sandwich. Pathetic isn't it.

I must admit that when I put this on my to do list, it wasn't because I don't want to eat animals or anything like that. It was literally because I ballsed it up when I tried previously. However after speaking to a few friends about this, I am actually starting to believe that it could be beneficial to my health as well as many other positive effects on my life. I guess we will see.

2 comments:

  1. I've been a vegetarian for about ten years and my top tip is this: QUORN QUORN QUORN! It's not the same, but with sausages, burgers, pate and mince to choose from, you probably won't feel too deprived if it's just for a month.

    Then again, nothing tastes quite like a corned beef sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the comment.

    I've heard many times that Quorn is an excellent replacement for meat but unfortunately for me, I can't stand it. I've told myself to give it another chance though especially if I start having meat cravings!

    ReplyDelete