Saturday 18 September 2010

Home straight

On Monday I will have completed 20 days of my challenge which means the finish line will be in sight but before that I have a couple of big obstacles in front of me this weekend.

Today I will be going to the football to watch my home town team Southampton play Colchester and will be surrounded by over 20,000 football fans who have the reputation to be heavy beer drinking, meat eating wannabe hooligans, which means they probably enjoy skinning animals in their spare time and hate vegetarians more than they hate Maradona. I could be wrong though because before I became a vegetarian for a month I was also a meat eating football fan who didn't skin animals and I wasn't a wannabe hooligan but for now I will remain cautious and assume the worst. Oh and I doubt anyone would be more hated than Maradona (aka the football cheat) who punched the ball into the net against England in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico and then goes and scores the greatest goal in World Cup history in the same game.

I will then be going to *spit* Portsmouth (rival city to Southampton) for my girlfriends birthday meal with her parents. I think we will be going to a restaurant called Chiquito's which is a Mexican restaurant so I am assuming there will be plenty of choice for veggies such as bean burgers, veggie fajitas etc. I hope I see some huge sombreros available to buy so I can cross of item #158 (Buy a giant Sombrero). I can't think of many other places to buy giant sombreros.

Tomorrow I will be going out to another restaurant for my girlfriends actual birthday. We're thinking of going to Puccini's which is an Italian restaurant down the road from my house. I've never been in there before but it looks pretty classy, considering the area it's located in, and also if someone is celebrating their birthday then they can get a free meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment