Saturday 11 September 2010

Linda McCartney Sausages

Oh how I missed sausage sarnies but thanks to my new best friend Linda I have managed to eat a veggie sausage sandwich and I am pleased I bought two boxes! They tasted nice.

I must admit that I had heard a lot of positive opinions on Linda's sausages because quite a few people have recommended them because they claim they taste like actual pork sausages so when I saw a pack of 6 in Sainsbury's for £1 I felt like it was a good opportunity to see if they were really all that.













I tried Quorn sausages the other week so I had something to compare them with and I was pleased that they tasted a lot better than them. I must admit that I didn't find them as nice as the pork sausages I buy from the butchers but they were a lot better than some of the cheap brand sausages you get in supermarkets or if you buy them from a greasy spoon cafe. They tasted pretty nice too and I imagine they are a lot healthier too, although saying that, I don't actually know what's in them.

Would I buy them in the future when I finish this task? At the moment I am saying I would definitely consider it but I am wondering whether this is because I am relying on them to get me through the next few weeks. Another part of me doesn't see the point because I only buy really nice sausages anyway and would never buy any cheap disgusting ones. I think I will spend the next few weeks looking up recipes to see what else I can make them with and see whether they are also nice in other dishes.

The best thing about being a vegetarian so far has been experimenting with different foods. They aren't always successful but it's fun. Cooking should always be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment